Friday, December 3, 2010

Oven Baked French Fries















Oven Baked French Fries

Ingredients:

Potatoes (depending on how many fries you want to make), washed and cut into 1/2 inch or smaller strips. (just remember the thinner you cut your fries the more quickly it will cook)
Vegetable Oil (for coating your fries with before cooking)
Spices (like salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes)
Aluminum foil for your cooking sheet

Directions:

This recipe is really easy to make and super yummy to eat. I decided to use two different recipes and go with the temperature that was in between both to see what worked best for my oven.

First pre-heat your oven so it warms up before you cook. Set to 400 degrees F.

I used my entire bag of potatoes and cut them all into 1/2 inch or less thick strips.

Place the aluminum foil on the sheet pan(s), this will allow easier clean up afterward.

Mix your V
eggie oil and spices together.
I used a garlic, pepper, salt, and southwestern spice blend on the first batch of fries. For the second batch of fries I used salt, pepper and hot pepper flake.

Coat your oil/spice blend all over the fries and put them on your sheet pan. I recommend putting down foil otherwise it may stick to your pan.

Cook your fries for about 20 minutes. If you like at 10 minutes, take your fries out, turn them over and continue to cook for remaining 10 minutes.

After the 20 minutes take out your fries and if they look done enough to you then let them cool and enjoy.

Because I wanted more crispy french fries and they were a thicker cut, I put mine back into the oven for about 15 more minutes. They were perfect after 15 more minutes for me.

Just remember that the more thinly cut fries will be crispy and cook more quickly than the thicker cut fries.

My french fries were great! The less thinner fries were nice and crispy and the thicker fries were more chewy inside.

I enjoyed my fries with a nutritional yeast cheesy sauce I made over the weekend.
(recipe will be coming soon for Nutritional Yeast Cheesy Sauce)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment