Friday, December 3, 2010

One Of My Favorite Go-To Websites

Post from my Saint Charles Vegan Eats Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010


One of my favorite go-to websites is the Peta.org Accidentally Vegan website list.

If you've ever wondered what on earth is vegan, this is a great starter website to help you understand which products are vegan. I read product labels and eat a lot of fresh food, vegetables, fruit and bread. I also enjoy rice, whole grains and hummus just to name a few. There is many varieties of wine that are vegan but they are far and few. Most beer companies are safe however there are many that use methods for brewing that aren't vegan or use honey in their beer.

Two websites that I often refer to for vegan beer and wine is Vegan Connection and Veggie Wines. I've also used the website Barnivore before for what is vegan that I can enjoy. Another helpful website I have used before is iVegan website, explains what is vegan in a detailed list.

When I first became vegetarian then vegan I found Happy Cow helpful, I still do. There are lists of ingredients, explanation of what a vegetarian, vegan, raw foodist and many other varieties of diets are. As well as links to bed and breakfasts, famous vegetarians, and a restaurant locater to help you see what restaurants in your area are vegetarian and vegan friendly.

Using websites like Veg Web.com I've been able to find great ideas for my own recipes that I've made over the past two and a half years.

If you're considering pledging to do a week or more of the vegetarian or vegan challenge I applaud you. That's how it began for me and I never turned back, not saying that you will too, however it is a very rewarding healthy lifestyle.

Hopefully this year I will be able to post more recipes and acquire enough to construct my first cook book. Currently I have my weight loss goal that I have been working on for the past three years. I have about five months left to meet my goal. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish my goal by the deadline, however I've decided that I only reach my first goal that I won't worry about it. After all, I'll get there eventually this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment