Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Story With PCOS, What I Wrote Over A Year Ago On My Old Blog

Monday, April 20th 2009

As a child I developed earlier than most of my friends, aside from the fact that I was the oldest of my friends. My first period was at the age of 12 and by age 14 I was already beginning to notice problems in my cycles. Irregular, very strong and painful, heavy and began to gain weight. I was the heaviest out of all of my friends and it didn't seem to matter what I ate or didn't eat, the weight just packed on.

By the time I was 16 I began using BC pills and then about a year or so later began using Depo Provera, the wonderful injection that stopped my periods all together. I began to gain a lot more weight due to a side effect of taking Depo and also due to un-diagnosed PCOS.

By the time I met my DH before we were married I was over 200 lbs. When we decided to ttc we had been married for two years. I stopped using the depo and my period did not come back until I went to see the doctor that next year after ttc for over a year.

It was summer 2005 I was finally diagnosed with having PCOS and once AF came back it was every week, then every other week, then every three weeks, then back to every two, and then eventually every month.

I used Metformin to help regulate my cycles and had terrible side effects to taking the medicine.

I am leaving out the fact that during DH and my time together while ttc that I have gone through two back surgeries, gained a lot of weight and lost the weight. Now only about 80 pounds to go till I am at my goal.

I have used an injection (can't remember the name of it but it was used to stimulate the egg during my O day), I have used Clomid, and also Provera again for a month about two and a half years ago to help reduce the cysts on my ovaries.

My DH and I have been ttc again since September last year. Also since that time I decided after speaking with my doctor to try to go back on Metformin. My diet is drastically different than it was when I used it the first time. So using the medicine does not bother me they way it did the first time around.

I honestly believe now that I have experienced two miscarriages now in DH and my time while ttc, first time was January 2007, this last was just this February. Only two times when I had symptoms that where similar of pregnancy.

Now fast forwarding to the current year. I have been using Clomid for two months and am in my current cycle on cd27. I use a program called fertility friend, which is very helpful to help me track my cycles. I track my temp every morning at the exact same time every morning before I step out of bed. I track my cycle by using OPKs every month, check cervix position and if it is open or closed, check my CM.

I try to pay attention to if I have any unusual things happening. This month it is my nipple sensitivity, mild cramps now, increased bladder that leads me to run to the bathroom more frequently, as well as my temp is staying up and jumped up again this morning. Also was constipated all day yesterday. Aside from the fact that I just feel pregnant this month, and hope that I am right.

I am hoping that all of my symptoms this month are due to my being pregnant. Though no way to tell till I test with my testing buddy at the end of this week. As far as I know right now the feelings I am feeling are implantation and increased pressure in the abdomen causing pressure on my bladder and causing the constipation.

It has been a long road ttc and I hope that DH and my journey to parenthood will happen soon. It has been four and a half years of ttc, many couples may of given up by now.

I am one of the many who understand the want to be a mommy and raise a child of your own. However I will not leave out the possibility for adoption. I think I have a purpose in my life and would love to raise a child who needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment