Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Much Wanted Margarita (Old Blog Post)

Sunday, May 24th 2009

I had a blast hanging out with DH and my four friends last night. Two fun couples. There was good people, good food, good drinks and good fun playing some Rock Band.

I had two tall glasses of my home made Margarita mixed with Tequila, Midori, citrus Vodka and Margarita mix. So compared to the photo to the left of the Margarita I had the equivalent of four glasses. After my Margarita I then enjoyed a beer. Which sent me over the edge in my drunkenness.

Apparently I am a riot when I am drunk because the most interesting and entertaining things spit out of my mouth. I am happy that I did not get sick from the drinking, did not pass out, and this morning, do not have a hang over. I consider myself very lucky.

Only reason I figure that I got so drunk is because I am a light weight now compared to when I was younger and also was heavier. I drank more back then and with the extra body mass to hold the alcohol I could take down twenty mixed drinks, ten shots and several beers. I know because that is about how much I drank one year for new years.
I remember going in the next morning to work and being asked during our morning meeting what we did the night before. This is what came out of my mouth in front of everyone and my boss, "I got totally wasted last night hanging out with friends for new years and I still showed up for work today and actually don't have a hang over." People just looked at me in shock and surprise. Hey, at least I showed up for work.
I remember the boss telling people that if they did not show up for work the next day, especially if it was because they were hung over or drunk, that they were fired. I was not about to want that so I went into work. It was rather entertaining to me. It was also at the point that my back was beginning to hurt all the time and I cared less about what people thought and just focused on my job and kept myself busy. It got me extra respect points from my boss and co-workers that by the time I left for surgery I was being offered a position that I had been trying for for years. Oh well. Now it does not really bother me as much. I am happier now and can happily get drunk and enjoy myself without worry of a job to go to. For now.

Anyway, I had a fun time with friends and looking forward to the next time hanging out. I thought that I'd treat myself to that Margarita last night because AF was on her way and I had really been kind of depressed and moody all week. So that was going to be the night to get my drink on. If I am PG by the next time we all get together I won't be drinking but I am sure that I can still have a blast. After all, you don't need to be buzzed or drunk to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment