I feel like I'm the polar opposite of this:
People who are narrow minded, one sided, bullheaded, demanding, tactless, repressive, abusive, stubborn, hypocritical, homophobic, racist, rude, belligerent, uncooperative, unhelpful, uncaring, distant, cold, rejecting change, unforgiving, resentful, spiteful, ungrateful, dishonest, jealous, cruel, mean, immature, vain, impractical, unreliable, disrespectful, blames others, selfish, unfeeling, thoughtless, mistrusting, reluctant, controlling, reckless, impolite, untrustworthy...
Hopefully you will understand that when I get into a relationship with someone who fits any of these characteristics it is difficult to get along with them. I try to stay away from people who fit into this category, mostly because I've found that they are hurtful and will only use me as an accessory instead of treating me like a person, they will just try to change me because they don't like who I am, or I find out later that they aren't the person I thought they were. It's more difficult when it comes to family. You are stuck with family as long as you are family.
polar opposite
ReplyDelete1 definition found
polar opposite - Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
Opposite \Op"po*site\, n.
1. One who opposes; an opponent; an antagonist. [Obs.]
[1913 Webster]
The opposites of this day's strife. --Shak.
[1913 Webster]
2. That which is opposed or contrary in character or meaning;
as, sweetness and its opposite; up is the opposite of
down.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
The virtuous man meets with more opposites and
opponents than any other. --Landor.
[1913 Webster]
polar opposite that which is conspicuously different in
most important respects.
[PJC]
http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/polar+opposite