Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sharing My Blog And Letting Friends & Family Join The Journey (Old Blog Post)

Saturday, May 23rd 2009

So do I dare to let my friends and family in on my blog and let them into a part of my life that is more personal? I just don't know the answer to that right now.

I just don't know what others will think of me. Do my friends and family really want to know about the most personal parts of my life. After all I am a pretty open person when it comes to letting people into my life. Though I feel comfortable with the people I open up to so that isn't a problem.

I feel like I am not being true to myself by shutting out my friends and family from this part of our lives. By our lives I mean DH and I. We have been ttc going on five years now with no success. It has been a long and bumpy road. We have had high moments and low ones. Has not be easy at all and we have triumphed through a lot to get to this point in our lives. I think that is what makes our marriage work so well together. We have this great understanding of one another and not only is DH my husband but he is also my best friend. Not many people can say that about their significant other.

I know that many people do not believe me when I say that I hold no secrets from my husband but it is true. There are no lies, no secrets, nothing hiding between the both of us. I am always open and honest with him and he is with me. We talk about everything with each other.

I suppose I hold high standards when it comes to honesty. Not even a white lie. There are certain ways that you can say things without having to tell a lie.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.
A husband looks at his wife and can tell that she is in pain and that the wife is about to ask him, "How do I look?" Of course the wife wants to be comforted and perhaps expects to be told, "You look wonderful", or "You look amazing." This is typically the scenario.

My DH always says that I look beautiful and even at my moments when I feel ugly he has this reassuring way of comforting me. I know that it is not a lie and sometimes I get more truth out of him and he will tell me, "Well, I can tell that you don't feel great but you always look beautiful to me." He has been such a wonderful person in my life and I often don't know what I would do without him. My husband is my rock and the foundation that holds me together.

So now I am brought back to my first question. Do I let my friends and family in on this part of my life. Of our life. I honestly do not know the answer. Perhaps I should do a test run and let one person see it and see what they think. The first person that comes to mind is my mother. She is a wonderful person who has through the years since I was younger, let me see who she is as a person and we have become good friends. I am able to see her for herself. Outside of just the mother daughter relationship. I believe when you are older that this is alright to do, but when your children are still young you should keep the parent child relationship the majority.

But what do I know? I am not even a parent yet. DH and I have big ideas on what we want to do and who we want to be. All of the planning in the world can not prepare us for what is ahead of us. I know that I will not forget all that I have prepared for. DH and I can not wait to be parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment