Thursday, July 15, 2010

My 1st TTC Introduction From My First Blog, TTC In St.Charles

Friday, February 20th, 2009

My husband and I have been together going on seven years now. We have gone through so much together as well as TTC for about four and a half years.

When I was growing up my cycle was continuously irregular and I also had difficulty with my weight. So it was not a surprise to me when I found out in early 2005 that I had PCOS. That year I began to use Metformin, the generic for Glucophage, which helps regulate my cycles. Unfortunately I was not used to the side effects so after having what felt like allergic reactions I discontinued taking the medicine.

By December 2006 we were TTC again and a missed month in January had us hopeful that we were PG. We were hoping that we would be PG this time because we had the help of using Clomid and had been seeing a fertility specialist. However after taking several HPT's within a week of one another I was less hopeful because they all listed negative. February came and my cycle finally arrived with a vengeance.

All the symptoms that I had been feeling in the month of January seemed like they had been too good to be true. The main thing that happened then was tenderness and I grew a bra size.
I never went to the doctor after this happened because I was so upset afterward. Since that time I have been keeping up to date with my doctor on everything that I experience and working with him to help my husband and I get PG.

Two years ago was still a difficult time for us but it probably was not the right time for us to be parents. By July of that year I began to change my diet all together by becoming more health conscious on what I eating and how I was living my life. I made a decision that if I was going to be ready to bring a life into this world that I would first have to make positive changes about myself first. All during the year of 2008 I began to make many changes in my life. The largest change was my diet. I became a vegetarian and with my diet and exercise managed to drop over 50 pounds in one full year. That is a difficult task for many so for me it felt like a wonderful accomplishment.

By August 2008 my husband and I were back on track again and TTC. I began more seriously charting everything, taking OV tests, temperature in the morning, and on my OV days we were doing our BD. We have had several unsuccessful months so far and now the new year has arrived.

This month has been the most different for us because the way my OV days were charting and how strong everything was. So it was a little surprising for us when I began experiencing some breast tenderness, bloating, full feeling bladder and began running to the bathroom more often, as well as constipation, and slight abdominal pain that went away a few days ago.
I do not believe what I have been experiencing is psychosomatic but you never know how your body is going to react sometimes.

I am at CD1 and it still has not happened and we both have been nervous. After TTC for many years many couples experience the stress and worry of the countdown before their CD arrives, and when they are not PG have that feeling of loss and disappointment.

What I am hoping is that this month what I have been experiencing is real. I plan to take my HPT the beginning of this next week. By that time I will have completely skipped my cycle.

So far I have had the wonderful support from my husband, and from caring and supportive people on community groups on parents.com I want to be able to share my story with everyone and to let others who have gone through similar experiences to mine, know that you are not alone.

I await the results of what will or will not happen for my husband and I this month.

I'm sending baby dust and well wishes to others who are trying.

Anxiously and patiently waiting.

-TTC in St. Charles



No comments:

Post a Comment