Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Was Good

Thanksgiving was good. The past few weeks have been very busy and now I'm attempting to zap myself out of a bad case of the Monday's. I've done the usual things that I already would have done earlier in the month if not due to getting ready for Thanksgiving, bills, changed the bedding in the master bedroom which looks nice. Now all I have to get to is the dishes and the laundry but it's been raining all day and the last thing I want is a power outage right as I get a load going. I'll have to motivate myself to get the rest of my chores done today.

Like I said, thanksgiving was good. Had both sides of the family over at the house and there was no uncomfortable confrontations, no fights, no arguments, no disagreements. What there was, was late arrivals, which didn't bother me that much but the food was a little cool according to a few. There was amazingly tasty food aside from the dead bird that was sitting in our kitchen, I believe people actually ate it even though they said that they would love a vegetarian meal. Just goes to show you that people will eat what you put in front of them and if meat isn't there they won't eat it or probably miss it. There was nice conversation for the most part and I even was able to get the young kids to help me decorate the tree. Decorating the tree was my favorite part. Overall I wish I could have visited more with my family, just feels like when they arrived food was almost ready, we ate, then there was some visiting after the meal but more just cleaning up and decorating the tree, then family left. My husband's family stuck around for just a little bit longer visiting while I cleaned up everything. It took a while after everyone had left but we were able to clean up most of the kitchen and dining room.

I was so happy that for the first time the front room was used as it is supposed to be used, as a dining room. I look forward to a huge beautiful dining table with enough seating for 16 someday.

Went out on Black Friday and did shopping, continued to do some shopping this weekend and now attempting to finish my shopping today and through this week. I really hope that by this next Friday I will have all the shopping 100% finished for the holidays.

Now to pull myself out of this "case of the Monday's" slump and take care of the dishes and laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment