I'm a month and a half shy of turning thirty years old. My 20's have been full with many ups and downs. By the time I was 22 years old I was having my first back surgery, by the time I was 25 I was having my second major back surgery. The second back surgery left me disabled with nerve damage, a drop foot and a messed up back causing my problems to only worsen since the surgery. Next March it will of been 5 years since the disabling back surgery and 8 years since my first back surgery.
It was 8 years this past October 27th that I fell up a concrete stairwell which caused this entire problem with my back over these years to go into motion. I can tell you that an instant back disc herniation hurts like hell and if you ever fall and have a terrible amount of pain in your back and down your leg, can't move, can barely walk... don't get the bright idea that you're "young" and it'll be ok, that you just need to go home put some ice on it and you'll feel better over the next few days. Cause chances are you just did something major to your back and that very decision to do nothing may haunt you for the rest of your life. Yes, I'm young, all of this that has happened to me, that continues to happen to me causing me new and terrible problems. The 20's haven't been that great for me, though I have had some wonderful moments. Overall I just look forward to my 30's because I figure... it can't get any worse, it's gotta get better from here. Or so I hope.
It was 8 years this past October 27th that I fell up a concrete stairwell which caused this entire problem with my back over these years to go into motion. I can tell you that an instant back disc herniation hurts like hell and if you ever fall and have a terrible amount of pain in your back and down your leg, can't move, can barely walk... don't get the bright idea that you're "young" and it'll be ok, that you just need to go home put some ice on it and you'll feel better over the next few days. Cause chances are you just did something major to your back and that very decision to do nothing may haunt you for the rest of your life. Yes, I'm young, all of this that has happened to me, that continues to happen to me causing me new and terrible problems. The 20's haven't been that great for me, though I have had some wonderful moments. Overall I just look forward to my 30's because I figure... it can't get any worse, it's gotta get better from here. Or so I hope.
Weight has always been a struggle for me. When I was a young child I had a fear of playing outside after spending to much time outside one day and then having to come inside and take a cool bath. After that moment my life changed forever and I turned into one of those children that plays video games, watches a lot of tv and doesn't care to do outdoor activities. I then turned into the child that was always the larger one than her other friends. It didn't help that my best friend from elementary through high school was the size of a bean poll.
I've lost over 126 lbs in three years, going from a size 28 to a size 12 (jean size where I am currently) or a size 3x top size to a size small/medium. Last I ever weighed myself when I was gaining weight after my last back surgery was fall of 2006 and I weighted 295 lbs. After that between the holidays and June 2007 I had gone from a size 22 jean size to a size 26/28. I am now currently smaller than I was at the age of 14, perhaps younger. I feel great now, I'm ten times more healthy as my blood work will testify to that, and I've completely done a 180 on my diet for what I eat. I've gone from a fatty junk food meat eater to a healthy diet of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans.. yes, you may have guessed it, I'm 100% vegan now! Couldn't be happier with what I've been able to accomplish over these past three years. In July 2007 I made a mental lifestyle decision that changed my life forever, that I wouldn't be depressed any longer and to change the way I ate food.
Unfortunately due to a stressful year and health problems I won't be able to reach my overall goal by my 30th birthday in January. However I am under 30 pounds away. I figure that by my 30th year I will be able to shed this last lbs and hopefully be rid of them forever. Over the past year I have learned that even with a not so healthy diet I haven't gained back the weight that I lost, finally my body is used to be a smaller me. Largest change this year has been the way clothing fits me. Last winter I was a size 16 jean size, now I am down to a size 12. In fact, one pair of jeans say they are 10/12's, plus my 12's have begun to fit baggy on me. It's amazing to lose so many inches though I haven't dropped as many pounds this past year.
Everything else I can say about myself, if you are a reader of mine you already know or have an idea of it. I consider myself a very caring, loving individual but I am sensitive sometimes especially if you figure out exactly which buttons to push and in what order. More than anything in the world I want to be a mother and hope that 30 will be the lucky number and it will happen soon for my husband and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment