Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy Is My Middle Name...

Busy is my middle name... it has to be!

Over the past three days I have gone shopping for decorations, food for Thanksgiving, and honestly I believe I've lost track of everything else because it feels like everything is going in circles.

One thing I do know for sure is that I'm really looking forward to having the first family Thankgiving at my hubby and my new house with both sides of our family together. I have no idea what the day will be like but I have a lot planned so far and I just want everything to turn out well so that everyone will want to do it at our house every year from now on. And who knows, maybe I can get the best wish of all and have a vegan meal next year for Thanksgiving.

I know, you hear the word "vegan" and you think, "Eww, yuck! What a way to waste a perfectly good day on eating vegetables!" Well, maybe you're not thinking that but here are my thoughts on the matter. Yes this may be the one time of year where Turkey is the huge theme, but think of this, people eat turkey many more times of year than they realize in sandwich form or in soup. So while we are celebrating on what we are thankful for this year lets let the turkeys be thankful to by us not eating them. Just one thought and I do have others but I'll keep it nice and short for tonight.

Other than that I've been having lots of things happening health wise that have really been throwing my weeks off track. If it's not my low back giving me problems then it's my left knee, if it's not my left knee then it's concern about my right foot, if it's not my foot then it's probably my back again or all three have ganged up to get me.

I have a second back injection scheduled for this next week and if this one does not help then I will be seeing a new back surgeon. I do have fear of what could happen if I go through a third back surgery and honestly the idea scares the daylights out of me. Mostly I'll be going to see him to see if it's now the stenosis that's my primary problem or if in case it's something else.

Due to my back problems I'll have to take it easy now for the rest of my life. No strenuous activity, which means even my hard work outs have to be pulled back to more of a minimum. When I've tried my work outs, even after this last injection in my back, afterward I had a bad reaction and was couch and bed ridden for the rest of the day in pain within hours of the work out or at least by the next day. Honestly it's not fair that a woman like me, who's done so much over the past three years to get healthy and stay healthy should be plagued by back problems to the degree that I have to limit physical exercise or physical activity otherwise I could make my back worse. That's right, worse! The stenosis in my back has only gotten worse over the past year, as the CT Myelogram clearly show the degeneration and stenosis spreading in my back like a slow wild fire. I'm not even 30 yet and I feel like I have the back of someone fifty years older than me...

But at least I have my overall health, clothing so I don't freeze, food so I don't go hungry, a roof over my head and a very beautiful roof by that, a wonderful husband, two loving kitties, good family, great friends... what else could I ask for? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment